I am excited to challenge you with today’s resolution, because I’ve created a brand new FREE printable tool to help you be successful with it.
A year ago I create my first series of printable tools, and this is the first in a new series of tools. We’ll also be giving away prizes, as usual, including a different kind of gift card!
Today’s Resolution: I will cook and eat at home more.
Do you want to do that? My newest FREE printable tool is a Go-To Recipe Chart, designed to make it easier to come up with meals that you can cook at home. I also have a FREE Recipe eBook so you can find new recipes to try!
If you struggle to answer the “What’s for dinner?” question, or need to break the cycle of always getting carryout or delivery, this resource can help!
Here’s some information from the Go-To Recipe Chart download page:
This one page-document allows you to easily chart your family’s tried and true meals.
There are two ways you can use the Go-To Recipe Chart:
- You can brainstorm as a family what you want to add to the list. Ask them about their favorite meals that you cook at home, but also their favorite meals from places you go out to eat. Cooking what you enjoy at restaurants might make the temptation to eat out less. After you have your list, find a recipe to match each item and start listing them!
- You can also just start cooking and create the list as you go. Start with the recipes you regularly cook and add those, then add more as you experiment and cook different things. If everyone liked it and you are willing to make it again, then list it.
Either way you choose to do it, the point is to create a chart of recipes that your family likes and you know how to cook, so the process of cooking and eating at home is simplified.
You can also find tips for using the Go-To Recipe Chart as well as benefits to using it on the download page.
If you’d like to snag a FREE Go-To Recipe Chart, click the image below:
If you struggle with finding recipes, just start searching the web and checking out websites. I like allrecipes.com, because you can search by the ingredients you have on hand and it tells you recipes that you can make. I put together a Recipe eBook that might also help give you some tasty inspiration!
If you’d like to snag a FREE Recipe eBook, click the image below:
Pin & Win Giveaway:
There are two prizes for this giveaway:
- a free copy of my eBook 100 Ways to Spend Less and Save More
- a $10 Panera Bread gift card (you know, in case you get frustrated and just need a break from doing it at home!)
There will be two winners: one for the eBook and one for the gift card. My eBook is a Kindle eBook, but if you don’t have a Kindle you can still read it using one of their free Kindle Reading Apps or their free Cloud Reader (reads in your browser!). Using your email address I will send you a copy of the eBook through Amazon. The gift card will be sent via the U.S. Postal service so the winner (U.S. only!) will need to provide me with their mailing address.
Here’s how to win and claim your prize:
It is very important that you follow these rules exactly so you are officially entered to win. This is a “Pin & Win” giveaway, so you need a Pinterest account to actually enter. I wrote a pretty detailed Pinterest tutorial for any new Pinterest users, but if you don’t want to make an account, you will still have a chance to win a prize by waiting until January 1st when I will have an open giveaway that does not involve Pinterest at all.
Entering involves two steps:
- You must pin today’s resolution to your own board on Pinterest. You can do this one of two ways. You can either visit my pin of today’s resolution and repin that OR click the little “pin it” button right the large graphic below. Note: email & RSS readers of this post will need to click over to the actual post to pin from that button.
- You must post the URL to your pin in the comments below. This is how I will be able to contact the winner, and also helps me know for sure that the first step was completed! Be sure to comment twice if you pinned both, so you can get two entries!
Deadline to enter:
Today’s giveaway opens as soon as this post goes live and closes at 10:00pm EST on Sunday, December 30, 2012. I will email the winner (who completed the two steps above), and they will have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize.
So, are we ready?
Cooking and eating at home takes more work than picking up something on the way home or dialing delivery whenever you don’t feel like cooking, but if you’re committed to saving money and doing all you can, my Go-To Recipe Chart and Recipe eBook can help you make the process a bit easier!
Please join me again tomorrow for another resolution, another resource and yes – another giveaway!!