Paper coupons are great. Digital coupons and other eCoupons are cool, too.
There’s a new coupon app that I am REALLY excited about!
ibotta is available for Apple and Android devices and allows you to earn CASH back on your purchases.
If you join by noon PST on January 11th and redeem an offer by January 17th, you get a $5 bonus!
Another great thing to note is that as far as I can tell, you can use ibotta to earn cash back AND use your paper coupons!
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up and create an account on the ibotta site. You can use Facebook, or just create an account using your email address. They do ask for a little personal info like birth date and zip code so they can tailor your offers to you.
- Download whatever version of ibotta you need. (see below for devices they support)
- Refer your friends and get $1 for each person that signs up. Would you be my friend, and sign up with my link??
- Once the app is on your device you can immediately view offers and begin doing actions to increase the amount you can get back when you buy the item. I will do a detailed post on this later, but the actions involve simple things like taking a poll, reading a recipe, learning a fact or watching a video.
- After you complete your actions, it is time to go shopping!
- Snap a picture of your receipt and product UPC code after you shop, and that’s it! You get money back for the offers you completed before you shopped!
The cash that you earn redeeming these coupons/offers comes as a Paypal payment after you accumulate $5, and you can even donate the money to a school of your choice!
Ready to sign up and start getting cash back??
Ibotta is currently available for the following devices:
- iPhone 3GS and newer
- iPod Touch fourth generation and newer
- iPad 2 and newer
- Android devices running on platform 2.2 and newer
ibotta works at tons of stores and is growing every day! They even works at the U.S. Armed Forces Commissary!!
Currently, Ibotta works in every:
- CVS Pharmacy
- Stop & Shop
- Fred Meyer
- King Soopers
- Duane Reade
- Pick ‘N Save
- Tom Thumb
- Giant Eagle
- Harris Teeter
- Food 4 Less
- WinCo Foods
- United States Armed Forces Commissary
If you get stuck at all, ibotta has a help desk with tons of info!
Let me know how you do, and watch for a full tutorial and overview soon!
ibotta is a coupon app for Apple and Android devices that lets you accumulate savings in an account that can be cashed out a variety of ways. Click here to read more about ibotta in my in-depth article. It’s part of my series about understanding online coupon sites!