Have I mentioned how in love I am with the new ibotta app? It’s an app for Apple and Android devices (not just phones, either!) that lets you complete actions to build up value on offers, and then submit your shopping receipts for CASH BACK!
And the best part? It works with your paper coupons, and electronic coupons like those from SavingStar! TRIPLE THREAT COUPONING, baby!
Here’s a recap of the information I’ve provided already:
- ibotta overview
- actions you can do to earn bigger cash back rewards
- how to check products in the store to make sure they qualify
Okay, enough enthusiasm. Let’s get down to today’s information…
HOW TO: use the ibotta app to submit your receipts for the CASH BACK on the offers you complete.
It really couldn’t be simpler!
To see all of my screenshots that detail the redemption process on the ibotta app, click here to visit The Coupon Snob Tumblr Page.
Here’s the step-by-step process for redeeming an offer:
- Gather your store receipt and the product(s) that you bought. You will be taking photos of both of these using the ibotta app.
- You can upload a receipt to redeem an offer from the app’s main menu, or access the upload button from inside a shopping list for a particular store.
- You must capture the entire image of the store receipt, including the total. It is important that the print on the receipt is legible, and that it isn’t overly wrinkled. You also want to make sure the lighting is good when you take the picture. The app will tell you how to frame the receipt, and if your receipt is too long there is an option to take extra pictures so you can show the entire thing.
- After taking the picture of the receipt, you need to tell the app which items you are redeeming. A list of all the possible offers for the store you are shopping at will display. Tap to check the items you’ve bought.
- You will need to scan the UPC code for each item you bought. As soon as the last code is scanned, it will submit the redemption for verification by ibotta. It will have a screen while it is sending, and a “success” screen to let you know that it has been sent.
Some other notes about redeeming offers with ibotta:
- Once you submit the offer and it is pending, you can check your Account History from the main menu and see it there.
- The app will alert you when the redemption has been accepted, and it will again be viewable from your Account History.
- If you want to view your submitted receipt at any time prior to or after approval, you can access that by tapping the transaction in your Account History.
- You can report an issue with your uploaded receipt on the same screen where you can view it (see previous bullet point).
Since the ibotta app is pretty new, redemptions are being approved pretty quickly. My first one was approved within an hour, and the last one I did was approved within 2 minutes…no joke! They do have a Help Desk if you have any troubles, and have a pretty decent response time on that, too.
If you’re ready to cash in on the fun of mobile couponing, click here to join! You’ll love it!
ibotta is a coupon app for Apple and Android devices that lets you accumulate savings in an account that can be cashed out a variety of ways. Click here to read more about ibotta in my in-depth article. It’s part of my series about understanding online coupon sites!