Today is the last day that Kroger Central stores are doubling coupons. Tomorrow you will hear a collective moan from all of the couponers that have been taking advantage of that program and saving twice as much on our low-value coupons.
The reality though? We’ll get over it.
When a store changes their policies, we adapt and find new ways to save money!
Kroger has been doing some things to help ease the pain of this transition:
- lower prices on some products
- free-product coupon downloads (I’ll share about that tomorrow!)
- extra gas perks
For the month of August, you can get twice the fuel points if you shop on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday!
Click here to see if your Kroger family store participates.
You have to log into your account and add a digital coupon to your Plus card in order to get the extra points. I missed out on this program during June, but jumped on it for July and was able to save 50 cents a gallon on my last fill up!! That’s the best fuel perk I’ve gotten yet! We got 27 gallons of gas, which translated to a $13.50 savings. NOT BAD!!
I’ve been using the Kroger gas perk program for a while, and I love it!
Here are the basics, but you can also visit the Kroger Fuel Perks page for additional details:
- If you scan your Kroger Plus card when you shop, you earn points.
- It’s one point for each dollar, with some exclusions and also some special incentives from time to time that can earn you double, triple and even quadruple points.
- For every 100 points accumulated during a month, you get 10 cents off per gallon of gas, up to $1.00 off per gallon when you fill up at Kroger.
- You can get 10 cents off per gallon at Shell stations.
- You can get the discount during a single transaction of up to 35 gallons.
Double coupons in my region are gone now, but I’m loving the double gas points – even if it means I have to shop on the weekend!
Have you been using this program? How much have you saved? Do tell!